Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bogota We're Coming!

Dear Bogota Expats!



Wow, so it's really coming true!  We are returning to Latin America, more specifically to Bogota, Colombia!  My husband and I met almost 10 years ago in Buenos Aires when we were both studying abroad there!  After leaving Argentina after three years at the end of 2005, I never imagined we would ever return to the region - much less have the opportunity to live and work (and possibly study)!  My husband will be working for an international organization - across the Latin American region - covering five different countries on governmental reforms and administration - yes, very sexy!

I hope to update this blog often with news of our lives as expatriates in Bogota and to share information that might be useful for others thinking about relocating here or who are already here!  [Although I do realize our experience will be very unique this time - not living as "poor" students like we have lived in other countries - I hope the recounting  of our lives and our adaptation to the local culture will be of value to others moving to BOG!  I do always want to note that most of these blogs will likely be about the "northern" part of Bogota, as I am hearing there is a large distinction.]  As there are four of us in the family - two adults and two kids, I have aptly named it "Bogota Para Cuatro!"  Without question, it should be a grand adventure - on all levels - for sure!  We can't wait!

Saludos,

Avila

No comments:

Post a Comment